Dem bicicletas, doe

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:24 am Honestly the appeal to me of Deals Gap is all the insane mountain biking in that region. I'd do one day of driving and 4 days of MTB riding.
If only you could rent different bikes and ride a bunch of awesome trails while you were there...
Apex

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:49 am
[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:05 am

We just reserved the cabin for this year - May 13-19.

Late reservation this year due to me changing jobs, buying hauses, and just general laziness.
FTFY
:dat: :dillerman:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:50 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:24 am Honestly the appeal to me of Deals Gap is all the insane mountain biking in that region. I'd do one day of driving and 4 days of MTB riding.
If only you could rent different bikes and ride a bunch of awesome trails while you were there...
:dat:
I bet bike shops stock things down there. Mountain bikes at least. Up here they stock road bikes and commuters.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:02 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:50 am

There are at least two bike shops nearby that rent bikes and the Tsali trailhead isn’t far.
But I thought bike shops don't carry bikes anymore?
Johnny_P

Tsali trails look awesome
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/knolly-move ... trail.html

:rage:

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Apex

coogles wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:39 am https://m.pinkbike.com/news/knolly-move ... trail.html

Dat piechart doe. :lol:
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:39 am https://m.pinkbike.com/news/knolly-move ... trail.html

:bruh: look at their designer here...

He doesn't even have a flat brim. Not legit.

My MTB has 135mm rear spacing :gaydance: and a road bike style quick release :gaydance:
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:10 am

My MTB has 135mm rear spacing :gaydance: and a road bike style quick release :gaydance:
Not a Monster sticker nor can in sight either. :disgust:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:08 am

:dat: I :lolol:ed.

Just stinks if the industry moves to another new standard. Will most riders feel even the slightest difference between 141 vs 148 vs 157? No. Especially not me. But the last thing I want to do is drop $4k on a bike this spring just to have 157 become the new standard and instantly make the bike outdated and worth 20% less. You can't give away a 2016 Trance now.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:27 am
Apex wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:08 am

:dat: I :lolol:ed.

Just stinks if the industry moves to another new standard. Will most riders feel even the slightest difference between 141 vs 148 vs 157? No. Especially not me. But the last thing I want to do is drop $4k on a bike this spring just to have 157 become the new standard and instantly make the bike outdated and worth 20% less. You can't give away a 2016 Trance now.
I feel a major difference between 135mm QR and 148x12 BOOST. I doubt anyone will feel the difference between 142x12, 149x12, or 157x12. All it does is give frame designers more room to play with for chainstay designs and tire clearance. I test rode a Pivot Switchblade with the Super Boost Plus Rarepupper Extrastiffo 157mm rear and honestly it didn't feel any different than the Mach 429T with its poverty BOOST spacing.

The big selling point for BOOST is that all bikes are going to that spacing so all wheels will as well.

Then again my rear wheel has a few mm of play at the hub right now and I've been riding on that for a year so what do I know.
Last edited by Johnny_P on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:11 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:10 am

Not a Monster sticker nor can in sight either. :disgust:
exactly
Johnny_P

Ouch
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I have no need whatsoever for one of these, but I want it. :dill: :dill:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1103234 ... 3110245180

Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:53 am I have no need whatsoever for one of these, but I want it. :dill: :dill:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1103234 ... 3110245180

That's a good price. Should be fun to ride. 853 rides really nice on rough stuff. Kitted out pretty well too. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the BB30 bottom bracket but honestly that's minor and easily addressed with a thread-together BB.

Go check it out!

I'd still love to check out a CruX. A lot of my friends ride them and love them.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:16 pm That's a good price. Should be fun to ride. 853 rides really nice on rough stuff. Kitted out pretty well too. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the BB30 bottom bracket but honestly that's minor and easily addressed with a thread-together BB.

Go check it out!

I'd still love to check out a CruX. A lot of my friends ride them and love them.
I'd love to have that bike, I'm just not sure what I'd use it for. I'd like to have a more upright road bike, but then again, when would I get out and do long rides? If I'm going to have that much time, I'd rather be on the mountain bike. The CAAD10 is comfortable enough for 20-30 miles or 30-45 minutes on the rollers, and it's worth way less than the $1,700 they're asking.

Would be a good commuting bike, that's for sure, but as much as I think I'd like to do that, I know I won't because lazy.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:39 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:16 pm That's a good price. Should be fun to ride. 853 rides really nice on rough stuff. Kitted out pretty well too. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the BB30 bottom bracket but honestly that's minor and easily addressed with a thread-together BB.

Go check it out!

I'd love to have that bike, I'm just not sure what I'd use it for. I'd like to have a more upright road bike, but then again, when would I get out and do long rides? If I'm going to have that much time, I'd rather be on the mountain bike. The CAAD10 is comfortable enough for 20-30 miles or 30-45 minutes on the rollers, and it's worth way less than the $1,700 they're asking.

Would be a good commuting bike, that's for sure, but as much as I think I'd like to do that, I know I won't because lazy.
Ride it wherever you want. Most of my friends ride something like this now. Some have sold their road bikes for these things. They go on 50-70 mile rides and link gravel roads together with paved sections for a true mixed terrain romp. And they have a damn blast. These bikes are more capable than you might think, they just require more careful line selection.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:49 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:42 pm
Ride it wherever you want. Most of my friends ride something like this now. Some have sold their road bikes for these things. They go on 50-70 mile rides and link gravel roads together with paved sections for a true mixed terrain romp. And they have a damn blast. These bikes are more capable than you might think, they just require more careful line selection.
:dat:

I'm ready to do something similar. Would be a blast to go crush some gravel in Wharton.
Surprisingly there's an assload of gravel to ride right around Philly. I have taken my Cervelo on Forbidden Drive before and man... it's sketchy at best with slick 23mm tires. Fun, but sketch as all hell.

My buddy Marty sold his Colnago for a Kona Rove Ti and now has a road wheelset and a mixed gravel wheelset to swap between. The gearing isn't ideal for all out road sprints but he keeps up fine on our road rides despite his 1x drivetrain. Conversely, I try and keep up with these brahs on my 29er when they're riding dirt and I'm ahead of them in the singletrack but WAY behind on the road.
Johnny_P

My buddy Sam is apparently clearing out his MTB collection. He's got a Camber 27.5 for sale. $4k.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/cambe ... b/p/115667

130mm/130mm travel, Fox34 Fit4, Sram X01 Eagle, XT brakes

His is an XL since he's a really tall dude. I think the XL is too big for me. Also, while it's a good price and all, it's $4k and no warranty... He's a really damn good rider so I doubt it's been crashed. He has (had) a Specialized Enduro for doing stupid shit on so I doubt this got hooned. Does appear to have a dent in a carbon swingarm doe.

Damn that's a good looking bike.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:21 pm My buddy Sam is apparently clearing out his MTB collection. He's got a Camber 27.5 for sale. $4k.

His is an XL since he's a really tall dude. I think the XL is too big for me. Also, while it's a good price and all, it's $4k and no warranty... He's a really damn good rider so I doubt it's been crashed. He has (had) a Specialized Enduro for doing stupid shit on so I doubt this got hooned. Does appear to have a dent in a carbon swingarm doe.

brain go brrrrrr
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:32 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:21 pm My buddy Sam is apparently clearing out his MTB collection. He's got a Camber 27.5 for sale. $4k.

Nevergonnahappen
Johnny_P

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:20 pm Image
40 miler on this beast yesterday.

Need some help, brehs.....

Rides too rough. I can't go to fatter tires because it doesn't have clearance at the rear for anything other than 23's. Solutions? Seatpost change? Recommendations?

I'd be game to change the seatpost out for something crabon and maybe crabon handlebars. I'd probably get a different stem as well.
The Zipp Service Course SL stuff looks great but unfortunately it has turned the bike into a jackhammer. Prior seat post rode better, 3T something or another, but it's not going back on because it was a piece of shit and would creak and loosen no matter what I did. There are too many options and I don't know what direction to go. FSA stuff is cheapish but I've read reports of cracking. Niner RDO looks like it might be a winner but MTB designed so I have no idea what that would mean on a road bike. Enve and Zipp are now bullshit single bolt heads that gall and break, NGH. Gotta be a 2 bolt head.

Also if y'all know people selling old skinny road bike rams let me know. Maybe no Ksyriums because they ride notoriously hard, but something pre-2010 that isn't a boat anchor. Newer rams are too wide unfortunately. I have an Industry Nine silver wheelset I could trade too.
Johnny_P

For sale or trade. Industry Nine i25 Torch Classic road wheelset and GP4000S2 tires. Ridden twice they’re too wide for my bike.

$400 or let me know what you have for trade but it’s gotta be old school skinny.

23mm outer x 19mm inner
Tubeless ready and I have the valves for it
6 degree engagement and they buzz
QR but no skewers

razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Thoughts?

Mind you I am not a "bike" guy, but seems like a decent bike to have if I ever want to ride around the shitty.

https://www.amazon.com/6KU-Track-Fixed- ... th=1&psc=1
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:38 pm Also, beers were had tonight with Fled - when :wasteful: gets a bike, Fled will race. :doit:

Dead cereal.