Dem bicicletas, doe

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:32 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:22 am
You really should find a way to ride a Trance. But not in the city on some :derp: test ride, full blast on a trail. That's really where it shines, IMO.
Impossibru.
1) Nobody stocks bikes, especially a long travel AM/Enduro rig like the Trance. If they stock anything it'll be an Anthem.
2) No chance I'll get a trail ride unless there's a demo bike, see problem 1.
3) No demo days come around this area, they're all on the west coast / Colorado / Utah.

I rode a Santa Cruz 5010 on a trail once. Holy God that thing was :mindblown: fun. 27.5 wheels, 130 mm travel, super playful and jumpy, rode like a couch, pedaled decently well. That thing just wanted to be airborne. :mindblown:

My 29er felt like a jackhammer after that ride.

I could just get one of those :iono: But the Trance gives you better parts and whatnot? Probably pretty similar, honestly, aside from the Santa Cruz maybe pedaling a tad better.
My dad said the Trance feels like a truck compared to his Pivot...which he said feels like an updated version of his Santa Cruz. I think it somewhat comes down to riding style. You can fucking HAMMER on the Trance and it just begs for more, and that's my riding style. There's a section so of super twisty technical stuff on the trail I ride, and last night I just blasted through it. It's like when you hit a certain speed, the bike sets in a groove and just GOES. I set a PR on that section...despite riding it a bunch last year when I was in way better shape. I think it pedals fantastically well, but don't really have any other fancy bike frame of reference other than it being vastly superior to my 26er Trance.

I also expect that the Trance is far better bang for the buck because Giant is a huge company with infinite resources. They do have a number of house brand components on it (the CF rims, handlebars, stem, etc are Giant, for example), but man...if you can get over the branding, it's really a fantastic ride. Still has Rockshox fork (which adjustable travel which is super cool), Shimano brakes, Sram drivetrain, etc...it's really a fantastic combo.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

What about core? Does that dry out quick?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Fuck it. Nox.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Those places may be a bit far for me now. I don't have the rack yet.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:44 am Those places may be a bit far for me now. I don't have the rack yet.
You need a fled :dock:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

:doit:

#wissatrickin #phillyisgreatforcycling
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:49 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:44 am Those places may be a bit far for me now. I don't have the rack yet.
:bruh: go :meat: up with Fled. Get that rack done before you actually have to haul the bike somewhere. Because you ain't gonna wanna put a muddy horse in your $40k egg.
Why not? Max says it's perfect for it.

I should have taken a picture of my bike last night. Holy shit mud.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Drive down to the Porsche dealership and :meat: up with Fled and oogle at your eggs :iono:
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:52 am

:bruh: go :meat: up with Fled. Get that rack done before you actually have to haul the bike somewhere. Because you ain't gonna wanna put a muddy horse in your $40k egg.

Why you so wasteful, tho?
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:53 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:52 am

Seriously. What a moran.
ChrisoftheNorth

Lately, I don't even rack. Just toss the bike in the bed. With the tonneau, nobody knows it's there.
Apex

:dat:
Apex

Also, my rear tire is all sorts of confusing to me. If I run it at 26 psi, it goes flat; but run it at 34 psi and it stays inflated days later. :wtf:
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:55 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:51 am Image

:doit:

#wissatrickin #phillyisgreatforcycling
:notsure: if anyone other than you or I can handle the climbing in Wiss. 100 feet per mile. :lolol:
IDK if I can either. I had to hike-a-bike up the last part of monster last time. Shame.
Dat demo section doe. Mmmm. And kitchen's lane. :jizz: They re-did that super awful downhill thing through the sideways tree last year on the west side of the park by Gorgas. It's vvv flowy now and fun af. Could hit Belmont too :jizz:
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:01 pm Also, my rear tire is all sorts of confusing to me. If I run it at 26 psi, it goes flat; but run it at 34 psi and it stays inflated days later. :wtf:
Eh. Re-pump before every ride? I do that anyway....
Or say fuck it and throw a tube in there, which is what I resorted to on my rear wheel because I dinged the ram from HAM'ing it down a hill and now it won't keep a tar sealed.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:55 am Lately, I don't even rack. Just toss the bike in the bed. With the tonneau, nobody knows it's there.
Sooooooo you turned the Brahdoe into a Tahoe. :notsure: why you didn't just buy the Tahoe. Such waste very wow.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:54 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:53 am

Seriously. What a moran.
:truk: is best MTB hauler ever invented. I saw a fuckload of :truk: in Oregon/Washington with those tailgate pads and bikes hanging out the back. 5/7 would get that if I had a DH rig.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:05 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:01 pm Also, my rear tire is all sorts of confusing to me. If I run it at 26 psi, it goes flat; but run it at 34 psi and it stays inflated days later. :wtf:
Or say fuck it and throw a tube in there, which is what I resorted to on my rear wheel because I dinged the ram from HAM'ing it down a hill and now it won't keep a tar sealed.
Dat's what I've been doing since I haven't pulled the wheel off again to re-tape the rim. Should be good to go once that's done doe. Also, keeping a tube in my hydro pack now, just in-case.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:10 pm

Dat's what I've been doing since I haven't pulled the wheel off again to re-tape the rim. Should be good to go once that's done doe. Also, keeping a tube in my hydro pack now, just in-case.
Always roll with a rubber, just in case. Even tubeless tires get punctures that don't seal.
My problem is the goo solidifies and becomes useless.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:07 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:54 am
Seriously. What a moran.
:truk: is best MTB hauler ever invented. I saw a fuckload of :truk: in Oregon/Washington with those tailgate pads and bikes hanging out the back. 5/7 would get that if I had a DH rig.
I really like the setup that Zil and what fled had in their :truk: with the fork mounts up near the cab. Seemed to be super stable and safe.
Johnny_P

Maybe I'll go hit the dirt jump bowl at wiss this weekend and kill the 29er so I am forced to buy a new bike.

Also. If we ride wiss/belmont we can hit the pump track on the way. And the crossbow trail.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:13 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:10 pm

Always roll with a rubber, just in case. Even tubeless tires get punctures that don't seal.
My problem is the goo solidifies and becomes useless.
Yeah, after my epic walk back to have Zil pick me up from Baldpate I've been carrying a rubber with me.
ChrisoftheNorth

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:55 am Lately, I don't even rack. Just toss the bike in the bed. With the tonneau, nobody knows it's there.
Sooooooo you turned the Brahdoe into a Tahoe. :notsure: why you didn't just buy the Tahoe. Such waste very wow.
:lolol: I can't believe how stupid I am.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:14 pm Maybe I'll go hit the dirt jump bowl at wiss this weekend and kill the 29er so I am forced to buy a new bike.

Also. If we ride wiss/belmont we can hit the pump track on the way. And the crossbow trail.
Yaassss, force yourself to :troywax:
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:14 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:07 pm

I really like the setup that Zil and what fled had in their :truk: with the fork mounts up near the cab. Seemed to be super stable and safe.
Yep. Worked great on my F150. Just drilled right into the bed NFG in that truck. Keeps the bike low and out of the way, but protected in the bed, and lockable. Easy access, nothing gets muddy, cheap as shit. Win all around.