Dem bicicletas, doe

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:18 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:09 pm I should probably buy a bike or something
:yeahok:
:dat:

Really frustrating honestly. No idea when I'll have an entire day to call around / drive to bumfucknowhere to ride a bike in a parking lot for 5 minutes to determine if I want to plunk $4k on it.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:46 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:21 pm

Really frustrating honestly. No idea when I'll have an entire day to call around / drive to bumfucknowhere to ride a bike in a parking lot for 5 minutes to determine if I want to plunk $4k on it.
I've thrown several shops at you that are local to me. Go ride bikes, and end the day with a [user not found] ride once I get out of work.

You're welcome.
:wasteful: :sass:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

I've thrown several shops at you that are local to me. Go ride bikes, and end the day with a [user not found] ride once I get out of work.

You're welcome.
BUT WHAT SHOULD HE DO?
Apex

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:47 pm

You're welcome.
BUT WHAT SHOULD HE DO?
:lolol:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

2019 Giant Demo day is coming soon. Soon we can celebrate 1 year of choosing the Anthem Advanced as his next bike. We can all go demo the replacement of that bike together, and then bow down when he puts down the money on the 2020 model it also replaces.
Apex

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:41 pm 2019 Giant Demo day is coming soon. Soon we can celebrate 1 year of choosing the Anthem Advanced as his next bike. We can all go demo the replacement of that bike together, and then bow down when he puts down the money on the 2020 model it also replaces.
:mindblown:
Johnny_P

You're welcome.
I know just gotta find the time. I do want to check out Mercer sometime.
Johnny_P

You're welcome.
BUT WHAT SHOULD HE DO?
This
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:52 pm

You're welcome.
Wait, you’ve not ridden at Mercer???
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:53 pm

BUT WHAT SHOULD HE DO?
This
The AA is the only bike that I’ve heard you talk about that didn’t have a rideability complaint.. just color.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:17 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:12 pm

:bruh:

I haven't ridden at Mercer since maybe June - been too :moist: this summer.
In all seriousness, it’s been an awful year for riding. Started off so wet... and most weekends have been rainy.
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:12 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:52 pm

Not yet
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:17 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:53 pm

This
The AA is the only bike that I’ve heard you talk about that didn’t have a rideability complaint.. just color.
I think it’s 5010, Tallboy, or Anthem
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:19 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:17 pm

:bruh:

I haven't ridden at Mercer since maybe June - been too :moist: this summer.
In all seriousness, it’s been an awful year for riding. Started off so wet... and most weekends have been rainy.
Y’all laugh all you want. I bought the cross bike and fully rebuilt the MTB this year. The hard tail now rips and is stupid fun but I haven’t been riding it because I’m spending all my time on my steel boat anchor.

I want a new MTB it’s just not a huge priority for me.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:29 pm

Great year for road riding, really. I'm in better shape this year than I've been for a while.

I'm gonna try out another local group ride tomorrow night after work, B+ pace. Try and learn some new roads in the Cranbury area.
Peloton, Doe.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:32 pm

Y’all laugh all you want. I bought the cross bike and fully rebuilt the MTB this year. The hard tail now rips and is stupid fun but I haven’t been riding it because I’m spending all my time on my steel boat anchor.

:salty: :doge:

I get it... the rambunctious raccoon has been an epic pickup for you, and I think being in the city it’s a perfect location for it.
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:36 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:32 pm

I get it... the rambunctious raccoon has been an epic pickup for you, and I think being in the city it’s a perfect location for it.
IDK. One of the guys I rode with last week was on a 650b drop bar single speed. Part of me wants an All City Log Lady 27.5 rigid SS. Part of me wants a carbon rigid fork for the Trek. And another part of me wants an epic jumpy fun bike like a 5010. But mostly I just don’t really care because everything I have works and I’m not limited by it especially given our terrain out here.

Full squish is something I’ve always wanted but can never justify.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:43 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:36 pm

IDK. One of the guys I rode with last week was on a 650b drop bar single speed. Part of me wants an All City Log Lady 27.5 rigid SS. Part of me wants a carbon rigid fork for the Trek. And another part of me wants an epic jumpy fun bike like a 5010. But mostly I just don’t really care because everything I have works and I’m not limited by it especially given our terrain out here.

Full squish is something I’ve always wanted but can never justify.
I've never actually ridden a squish squish... :notsure: I want to try it, I'd probably want one.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:03 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:45 pm

I've never actually ridden a squish squish... :notsure: I want to try it, I'd probably want one.
Ride your hard tail until you feel it’s limiting you. It’ll make you a better rider overall.
:word:

I'm hoping to get a solid 3-5 years out of it at least. I actually like it more and more over time.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:45 pm

Ride your hard tail until you feel it’s limiting you. It’ll make you a better rider overall.
Better rider vs having more fun is a tough call.

I learned to ride on a basic HT that I upgraded with a Judy TT 100mm fork and 3x7 shimano. Rode everywhere, including Wiss (when I lost my horse fight). I was really into the XC side of things.

Going FS on the BMC 15 years later let me ride harder and have more fun (and take much of the strain off my lower back), while still being a quick, small, light XC machine.

Going FS on the Occam let me ride full fucking retard and really have a bunch of fun, getting up in the air a bit and throwing it around so much more... and then bike parks. I can just plow into/over everything and have a smile on my face.

I’ve pissed away money on stupid shit in the 10 years I’ve had marginal disposable income... the $3000 I spent on the Occam is the greatest thing I’ve ever bought myself.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

As of now the forecast for this weekend blows too. :(

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Apex

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:11 pm

I learned to ride on a basic HT that I upgraded with a Judy TT 100mm fork and 3x7 shimano. Rode everywhere, including Wiss (when I lost my horse fight). I was really into the XC side of things.

Going FS on the BMC 15 years later let me ride harder and have more fun (and take much of the strain off my lower back), while still being a quick, small, light XC machine.

Going FS on the Occam let me ride full fucking retard and really have a bunch of fun, getting up in the air a bit and throwing it around so much more... and then bike parks. I can just plow into/over everything and have a smile on my face.

I’ve pissed away money on stupid shit in the 10 years I’ve had marginal disposable income... the $3000 I spent on the Occam is the greatest thing I’ve ever bought myself.
Your AM is a fucking riot. It begs for you to get stupid and #sendit.
I feel more comfortable/confident sitting back on the AM than getting forward on the BMC.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

LBS is having 20% off of racks and accessories this weekend. They only sell Thule, so the OEM bars will still be cheaper than an aeroblade setup, but good opportunity to pick up a ThruRide for 20% off.

https://www.thule.com/en-us/us/bike-rac ... -_-1683514

:fuckyeah:
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:41 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:11 pm

Gotta get you back to Wiss once you get your lungs back.
We need to set up a fall Wiss run. It's a bit overgrown and washed out right now, once the leaves start to fall it gets 1,000,000% :fuckyeah: back there. Could take you guys on some Belmont too but I'd need to poll the group on ride length, time, and log-over ability/frustration levels.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:59 pm LBS is having 20% off of racks and accessories this weekend. They only sell Thule, so the OEM bars will still be cheaper than an aeroblade setup, but good opportunity to pick up a ThruRide for 20% off.

https://www.thule.com/en-us/us/bike-rac ... -_-1683514

:fuckyeah:
:notbad: REI does these 20% off car rack sales once or twice a year too. Then you get REI bux for use later on too.