Dem bicicletas, doe

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:46 pm
razr390 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:40 pm Thoughts?

Mind you I am not a "bike" guy, but seems like a decent bike to have if I ever want to ride around the shitty.

https://www.amazon.com/6KU-Track-Fixed- ... th=1&psc=1
Looks like a perfect shitty bike. Brakes, flat bars, and nothing to really break.
Yeah I am just looking for something that's cheap and I can take out every now and then. I am not a bike-a-holic or anything, I'd just like a decent bike.

Saving it to my cart and then when a few paychecks come in I can make an educated decision.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

fledonfoot wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:45 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:38 pm Also, beers were had tonight with Fled - when :wasteful: gets a bike, Fled will race. :doit:

Dead cereal.
:fuckyeah:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:36 pm Tempted to buy those for the Schwinn. I need a new wheelset for it.

I feel that these would be better suited for the CAAD, doe - just not sure how silver wheels would look on it. I was looking to do 25c tires on it this year too.
Stickers could be pulled off easily so they’d just look straight up polished. Really fly looking wheels IMO. Looked awesome on the black Cervélo.

Just gotta be sure your bike has the clearance for wide rims. The tires hit the sides of the seat stays on my bike. :(
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:40 pm Thoughts?

Mind you I am not a "bike" guy, but seems like a decent bike to have if I ever want to ride around the shitty.

https://www.amazon.com/6KU-Track-Fixed- ... th=1&psc=1
Looks fine to me. Might ride a tad harsh but whatever I doubt it’ll be bad. Aluminum won’t rust so there’s that and lighter than steel which is good too.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:01 pm
Apex wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:58 pm

We’re gonna teach you how to be less diesel this year too. In4moarshifting
:dat: Moar brap!
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:45 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:38 pm Also, beers were had tonight with Fled - when :wasteful: gets a bike, Fled will race. :doit:

Dead cereal.
:impressive:
Apex

Also wifey is in for camping and MTB at DirtFest this year, so going to look into that more.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Apex wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:05 pm Also wifey is in for camping and MTB at DirtFest this year, so going to look into that more.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Johnny_P

So from what I have researched, it appears about 16mm internal rim width + 23mm tires are about as big as my Cervelo can go as long as it's a stiff wheel.

Typical old school rams are 14mm internal width. So I could get a set of wheels built up with Kinlin XR270 rims at 14mm internal, bladed spokes 24 2x front and 28 3x rear, and Onyx PURPLE silent hubs for $900 or so all in. Should be silent, reliable, and decently stiff as it's 4 spokes per wheel more than I should theoretically "need".

OR

There's a set of used Zipp 202's on MyBikeShop right now for $1200. Stiffer than the Kinlins, better ride compliance, and 16mm internal width. But used (inspected so they say), and not silent, and carbon so braking in wet which I never ride will be worse.
https://www.mybikeshop.com/collections/ ... -pre-owned

OR

Just buy some off the shelf Shimano DuraAce C24's or similar for $800 or so. There are varying price points for these down to about $400 or so if you go Ultegra. Should be pretty silent-ish, carbon laminate rim so I've read they're decently stiff, but 100% proprietary so if it breaks you're SOL.

Thoughts? I'm mainly looking to replace my broken loud ass Fulcrums with something quieter and that ride better. The Fulcrums are 15mm inner width. The i9's I'm selling are a bit over 19mm.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:14 pmReminds me, I need to check the clearance on the CAAD for 25c tarz.

FWIW, the newest Shimano ramz are quite good. I have a friend with a set of the Ultegra wheels on his Cannondale Six and he loves 'em.

Hell, I've been riding a set of Bontrager Race TLR wheels, and I've been quite impressed with them. Only issues I've run into is cracking around the spoke holes over time - but they're so cheap, it really doesn't matter. Current set is going strong.
The last set of road wheels I gave a shit about were Ultegras from like 1999 or so. They looked good, rolled good, were somewhat aero, super durable, and not loud. I could be down for another set of Shimano wheels. Not crazy about how the DA9100 C24's look but whatever.

Those Zipps would be cool. Most of my friends that have carbon wheels like them and haven't had an issue. IDK.
Apex

And the :fledwax: begins for the season. :megusta:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:13 pm
I also threw a 96BCD 30T chainring in the cart for the wife's bike - going to convert that to 1x and hopefully with the removal of one shifter, it makes the whole gear selection thing much less :triggered: for her.
I thought gear selection doesn't matter when it's just hanging on the wall.
Apex

I need to get some new brake pads and put in the BB that's sitting on my table...
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:40 am Shoes arrived. Along with some other stuff.
Those look quite nice. I probably take the CAAD out 3-4x a year, but even I'm starting to get a little longing for some time on the bike. It needs some time and $ invested if I'm going to get much out of it this year, though. I really need some new shoes, I bought some $300 DMTs on clearance for $85 when I got the bike and they are unbelievably uncomfortable after a couple hours, hot spots galore. Need a shorter stem, new tires, maybe new pedals if I don't get Speedplay-specific shoes. Oh, and I need to sharpen up the shifting, it's terribad now. Got damn bikes get expensive fast.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:35 pm
[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:40 am Shoes arrived. Along with some other stuff.
Those look quite nice. I probably take the CAAD out 3-4x a year, but even I'm starting to get a little longing for some time on the bike. It needs some time and $ invested if I'm going to get much out of it this year, though. I really need some new shoes, I bought some $300 DMTs on clearance for $85 when I got the bike and they are unbelievably uncomfortable after a couple hours, hot spots galore. Need a shorter stem, new tires, maybe new pedals if I don't get Speedplay-specific shoes. Oh, and I need to sharpen up the shifting, it's terribad now. Got damn bikes get expensive fast.
For me, shoes are very much a try before you buy purchase. Meaning I have a super hard time just buying it without trying it on. That said I've been loving my new lace up Giros. More comfortable than the Mavics I had before (which were very comfortable as they were) and my foot doesn't fit well in Sidis. Pricey doe. Specialized shoes are really nice as well, I have a pair of those for my MTB. They come in all price points and are easy to source as any S store carries them.

I'm ready to throw out my road bike over this wheel issue. I need a more comfortable bike and this can't take tires bigger than 23's because :stig: spacing on the rear :rolleyes:
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:43 pm
coogles wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:35 pm

For me, shoes are very much a try before you buy purchase. Meaning I have a super hard time just buying it without trying it on. That said I've been loving my new lace up Giros. More comfortable than the Mavics I had before (which were very comfortable as they were) and my foot doesn't fit well in Sidis. Pricey doe. Specialized shoes are really nice as well, I have a pair of those for my MTB. They come in all price points and are easy to source as any S store carries them.

I'm ready to throw out my road bike over this wheel issue. I need a more comfortable bike and this can't take tires bigger than 23's because :stig: spacing on the rear :rolleyes:
You'll do something about it in 2020. :hue:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:43 pm For me, shoes are very much a try before you buy purchase. Meaning I have a super hard time just buying it without trying it on. That said I've been loving my new lace up Giros. More comfortable than the Mavics I had before (which were very comfortable as they were) and my foot doesn't fit well in Sidis. Pricey doe. Specialized shoes are really nice as well, I have a pair of those for my MTB. They come in all price points and are easy to source as any S store carries them.

Can't even fit 25s? :dafuq:
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:44 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:43 pm

You'll do something about it in 2020. :hue:
I'll buy a CX or gravely bike this spring so I can ride with my frandz. And hope that the bike I get is good enough for the road as well and just get a second wheelset for it.

So that leaves the MTB which I might push off to 2020. ;)
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:50 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:43 pm For me, shoes are very much a try before you buy purchase. Meaning I have a super hard time just buying it without trying it on. That said I've been loving my new lace up Giros. More comfortable than the Mavics I had before (which were very comfortable as they were) and my foot doesn't fit well in Sidis. Pricey doe. Specialized shoes are really nice as well, I have a pair of those for my MTB. They come in all price points and are easy to source as any S store carries them.

Can't even fit 25s? :dafuq:
No. Can't fit 23's either if it's a wide ass wheel.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:17 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:00 pm

Your frame is really that tight?

I could probably fit 28s on my CAAD.
Yep. The tire sidewalls will contact the seat stays. Plenty of room by the bottom bracket and on the seat tube. Just another example of pointless stupid design with this bike.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:17 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:00 pm

Your frame is really that tight?

I could probably fit 28s on my CAAD.
:dat: I still have the original 23s on there, but there's easily room for 25s and probably enough for 28s. Definitely in the back, :notsure: about the front. There's not quite as much clearance in the fork.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:28 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:22 pm

Yep. The tire sidewalls will contact the seat stays. Plenty of room by the bottom bracket and on the seat tube. Just another example of pointless stupid design with this bike.
Find out what the forumbrehs with that bike are running wheel and tire wise?

It's a Cervelo P5, ja?
2011 R3
From what I can find, Cervelo realized they done fucked up and changed the moulding for 2013 or so... so my bike is a bit of a unicorn. The 2010 had a different mould and was pre-BBRight bottom bracket, when they redesigned the BB they went :fullretard: slimming the rest of the frame down and some fucking kid CAD drafter didn't realize he ate up all the tire clearance doing so.

From what I've found, it's a bit of a crap shoot where some people say 25s work, others say they don't. I guess frame manufacturing differences come into play there. Most people are successful with 23s and Zipp clinchers, which are 16mm wide. Some have run into problems running 25s on the zipps. So that's why I think 16mm internal width + 23's is about it.

I might buy a $240 carbon seat post for fun. Says it'll reduce impacts by 15%.
Johnny_P

$240 carbon seatpost
$1200 Zipps
$60 stem to make it all look better

+Bike is worth I think around $1200 on the market

= $2700 but it would have crabon rams and Sram Rival 10.

I could buy a rad Cannondale Synapse for that much. And it would come with at least 25's with room for bigger, and probably Ultegra 11 at that price and maybe discs.

This is the problem I run into with this shit. Why does my brain work like this? What would you brehs do? Seriously here. Upgrade the Cervelo or just sell it and get a different ride?
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:07 pm $240 carbon seatpost
$1200 Zipps
$60 stem to make it all look better

+Bike is worth I think around $1200 on the market

= $2700 but it would have crabon rams and Sram Rival 10.

I could buy a rad Cannondale Synapse for that much. And it would come with at least 25's with room for bigger, and probably Ultegra 11 at that price and maybe discs.

This is the problem I run into with this shit. Why does my brain work like this? What would you brehs do? Seriously here. Upgrade the Cervelo or just sell it and get a different ride?
I'd buy a mountain bike.
Johnny_P

$3k list but Cdales are always discounted

Crabon frame, 25's with clearance for 32!, Ultegra 11, hydro disc, black af :jimp:
BB30a bottom bracket so yet again proprietary and nothing will work on it
Last edited by Johnny_P on Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.