Dem bicicletas, doe

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Apex wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:23 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:58 pm I'd love to hoon a Canyon for a day and see how it rides. I've seen so much good press and feedback and it's good to see them over here.

I got lucky with my Orbea - it won a few bike of the year awards and was generally well received, and was told it rode something between a Remedy and a Trance/Anthem.

I don't know if i'd ever commit to a stupid purchase like that again without a test ride, doe.
I thought your mantra was "let's do something stupid" doe?
I took it a bit far with the Porsche job.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:00 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:23 pm

I thought your mantra was "let's do something stupid" doe?
I took it a bit far with the Porsche job.
They sold you a bill of goods and delivered a :boxodicks:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I started back on the spin bike yesterday and died after about 10 minutes. I am not in shape. My ass has been kicked.

The holidays hit me hard every year and the depression kicks into overdrive. This winter has done a number on me so far, I'm eating like shit, drinking more than ever and I just broke 170lbs for the first time - I've consistently been in the 155-160lb range for the last decade. I bumped from 32" to 33" dress pants when I moved to Porsche and now I don't fit in them either.

I figure I'm going to ease back on this week and get things moving again. I need to come up with a core strength routine, too... my back has been acting up the last few weeks but I think much of that is from my sagging mattress that is in need of replacement.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:02 pm I started back on the spin bike yesterday and died after about 10 minutes. I am not in shape. My ass has been kicked.

The holidays hit me hard every year and the depression kicks into overdrive. This winter has done a number on me so far, I'm eating like shit, drinking more than ever and I just broke 170lbs for the first time - I've consistently been in the 155-160lb range for the last decade. I bumped from 32" to 33" dress pants when I moved to Porsche and now I don't fit in them either.

I figure I'm going to ease back on this week and get things moving again. I need to come up with a core strength routine, too... my back has been acting up the last few weeks but I think much of that is from my sagging mattress that is in need of replacement.
I'll probably hook up ye olde trainer pretty soon and start spinning. Maybe the rollers. :doomed:
Missed sign up for LLWH again :rage: so I don't have a motivator to kick my ass into gear.
Johnny_P

Anyone want to do Hell of Hunterdon or Monkey Knife Fight?
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:22 pm Anyone want to do Hell of Hunterdon or Monkey Knife Fight?
Hell of Hunterdon start point is like 15 minutes from me. :mindblown:
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:56 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:22 pm Anyone want to do Hell of Hunterdon or Monkey Knife Fight?
I'd love to poach the HoH again. I've done it before - rode from Yardley to Lambertville, rolled through the start at start time, rode the whole ride unsupported, then rode back to Yardley from the finish. 100 miles on the nose. 5k feet of climbing.

Proof: https://www.strava.com/activities/46508406

I'm nowhere near in enough shape fo' dat these days, doe.
We will do a horse track this year. Like 6k climbing in 65 miles or some crazy shit. In Philly.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Y'all crazy.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:50 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:37 pm Y'all crazy.

:dat:

I miss climbing for sport.
I miss being able to climb. I used to crush Wiss when I was 18-20.
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:37 pm Y'all crazy.

Get yourself a road bike you’re more than welcome to join in the suffering :D
Johnny_P

New bike group I’m in does a lot of endurance dirt riding. I need a gravel cross type bike that can ride for 100 miles with single track and gravel mixed in. Thoughts? I’m leaning towards All City Macho King or Cosmic Stallion. One of the brahs has a Koma Private Jake. I bet most CX bikes would work but many ride harsh from what I’ve read. I want a smooth more upright ride.
Johnny_P

Dem pics doe dot com

Cosmic Stallion

Macho King

Private Jake

Jake is Aluminum, should be under 20 lbs I think, can convert to SS if I care to. About $1500-2k ish not sure.
All City bikes are steel, should be 20-22 lbs or so, about $2500. Cosmic stallion is the gravel bike and can take super fatty 42mm tires. Macho King is the CX race bike, a hair heavier than the stallion, maxes out at like 35mm tires I think. King should have slightly more responsive handling.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:29 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:24 pm New bike group I’m in does a lot of endurance dirt riding. I need a gravel cross type bike that can ride for 100 miles with single track and gravel mixed in. Thoughts? I’m leaning towards All City Macho King or Cosmic Stallion. One of the brahs has a Koma Private Jake. I bet most CX bikes would work but many ride harsh from what I’ve read. I want a smooth more upright ride.
Depends on how you like to sit on the bike. I prefer a more aggressive fit, so I'd probably be fine with a CX bike, but a gravel bike would definitely be comfier.

I've definitely given some thought to a gravel/CX style bike. I'm not sure I have the :balls: to ride the road anymore with so many people getting hit.
I don't want to be totally race tucked if I'm riding 100 miles on rocks.
Requirements are disc, slightly upright riding position, smooth ride, can take fat knobby tires (more than 32mm's). Under $2500 preferred. Rack or fender mounts are appreciated but not required. Really not sure on frame material but I think steel would be preferred.

A friend of mine just picked up a Salsa Warbird. Looks like it would be fun.

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:40 pm I don't want to be totally race tucked if I'm riding 100 miles on rocks.
Requirements are disc, slightly upright riding position, smooth ride, can take fat knobby tires (more than 32mm's). Under $2500 preferred. Rack or fender mounts are appreciated but not required. Really not sure on frame material but I think steel would be preferred.
??
http://www.ninerbikes.com/RLT-9-STEEL-2-STAR-MY18
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:52 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:40 pm I don't want to be totally race tucked if I'm riding 100 miles on rocks.
??
http://www.ninerbikes.com/RLT-9-STEEL-2-STAR-MY18
Yeah that's a possibility but not sure why I'd pick a bike I can't try out over one that I can. Gravel bikes are popular = they're in stock at dealers. No Niner dealer stocks anything around here.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Johnny_P wrote:New bike group I’m in does a lot of endurance dirt riding. I need a gravel cross type bike that can ride for 100 miles with single track and gravel mixed in. Thoughts? I’m leaning towards All City Macho King or Cosmic Stallion. One of the brahs has a Koma Private Jake. I bet most CX bikes would work but many ride harsh from what I’ve read. I want a smooth more upright ride.
New MTB first :bruh:

Johnny_P

I like it but it’s flat out stupid that it has yet ANOTHER proprietary B.B. press fit standard. No cranks work with this. And it has a rear wheel dished 6mm out of center for reasons apparently.

The rear wheel bullshit sunk CruX sales for the big S so bad that they ditched it the next model year.

I do not want to own another bike with proprietary anything. My Cervelo has a unicorn B.B. and a unicorn headset for no good damn reason at all. Never again. All city bikes ride fantastic, are more durable, and have threaded BBs and nothing proprietary at all.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:32 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
I like it but it’s flat out stupid that it has yet ANOTHER proprietary B.B. press fit standard. No cranks work with this. And it has a rear wheel dished 6mm out of center for reasons apparently.

The rear wheel bullshit sunk CruX sales for the big S so bad that they ditched it the next model year.

I do not want to own another bike with proprietary anything. My Cervelo has a unicorn B.B. and a unicorn headset for no good damn reason at all. Never again. All city bikes ride fantastic, are more durable, and have threaded BBs and nothing proprietary at all.
You’re not wrong.

I read the part about the proprietary rear wheel offset and crank set and was a bit :disgust:

Nice looking bike :doe:
Seatpost too it would seem
Johnny_P

Anyone going to Dirt Rag Dirt Fest this year?

May 18-20
Raystown Lake, PA - Allegrippis trail system
$60 all weekend pass if you buy it before March 1.
+$20 if you want to camp on site

http://www.pa.dirtragdirtfest.com/

I know people that have gone and they say it's a weekend full of mountain bikes, demos, and beers. I'd be game. Might have some friends to ride up with from Philly as well, I can poll the group.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:40 pm Anyone going to Dirt Rag Dirt Fest this year?

May 18-20

I know people that have gone and they say it's a weekend full of mountain bikes, demos, and beers. I'd be game. Might have some friends to ride up with from Philly as well, I can poll the group.
I've been thinking about it. I want to try and get the wife up there to do Leigh Donovan's women's bike clinic which is being held there that weekend.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:25 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:40 pm Anyone going to Dirt Rag Dirt Fest this year?

May 18-20

Conflicts with Deals Fap Tre.
:notsure: if :flaccid: or :dong:
Apex

MTB plus camping trip? Interested. Deals Fap Tre conflict? Internal struggle is real.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:02 am MTB plus camping trip? Interested. Deals Fap Tre conflict? Internal struggle is real.
I didn't see any info on it so probably NGH for me. I've likely been voted off the island. Doesn't matter, I doubt I'd actually go anyway even though it would be a lot of fun.
Johnny_P

Honestly the appeal to me of Deals Gap is all the insane mountain biking in that region. I'd do one day of driving and 4 days of MTB riding.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:05 am
Johnny_P wrote:
I didn't see any info on it so probably NGH for me. I've likely been voted off the island. Doesn't matter, I doubt I'd actually go anyway even though it would be a lot of fun.
We just reserved the cabin for this year - May 13-19.

Late reservation this year due to me changing jobs, buying hauses, and just general laziness.
FTFY