DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:mahman:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Ripped up like Rambo :mahman:

:impressive:

Did you start spray tanning as well?
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

No spray tan yet. I’ll do my first coat at the athlete check-in meeting Friday evening, and then a second coat the morning of the show while I’m backstage. I had been using injectable tanning stuff a few months back though, so I’m darker than usual.
SAWCE

200.6lbs this morning. Will update with my weight when I get to check-ins tonight.

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Mid-section rippage is on point! Still, I think your back and shoulders are your best attributes. :impressive:
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Very Very :impressive: Best of luck mang!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:07 am Mid-section rippage is on point! Still, I think your back and shoulders are your best attributes. :impressive:
:dat:

The back double bicep pose is probably his best one, although the lat spread is pretty damn impressive as well.

Looking great dude!
SAWCE

Thanks guys! The back double bicep shot is my favorite as well.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:14 am Very Very :impressive: Best of luck mang!
:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

:wub:
SAWCE

Some of the guys have some size on me, but I’m taking the conditioning to the next level.

During pre-judging they move competitors around to make different comparisons, but they’ll generally leave whoever is on top in the middle. I walked out as one of the middle two in a group of four, and every single person got moved except for me, so I’m feeling confident at this point. Home now, just ate a cheeseburger and fries to fill out some, Gonna take a nap, send pictures to my coach, then eat whatever he tells me to before heading back for finals tonight.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

:fuckyeah: you look great man! You have those two dudes beat...
SAWCE

Thanks dude!
SAWCE

Still waiting on the professional stage shots to come in, but one of the guys that trains at my gym was competing as well and came up from back stage while I was on to watch me and happened to get this shot of my back. It’s always been my favorite body part and what I feel I’ve developed the best, but man seeing this was just insane to me.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:14 pm Still waiting on the professional stage shots to come in, but one of the guys that trains at my gym was competing as well and came up from back stage while I was on to watch me and happened to get this shot of my back. It’s always been my favorite body part and what I feel I’ve developed the best, but man seeing this was just insane to me.

That is indeed just nuts!

:impressive: , :sawce:
SAWCE

http://contests.npcnewsonline.com/conte ... don_alius/

Official show photos should be in later this week. Cool seeing these ones go up on the NPC website doe.
SAWCE

Two and a half years of growth, nearly 20lbs of :massles: added. Here’s what it looks like:

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:10 am Two and a half years of growth, nearly 20lbs of :massles: added. Here’s what it looks like:

:mindblown:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:10 am Two and a half years of growth, nearly 20lbs of :massles: added. Here’s what it looks like:

So shredded. That second back shot is :jimp: It makes me want to bring you a bag of Taco Bell :doe:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:10 pm

So shredded. That second back shot is :jimp: It makes me want to bring you a bag of Taco Bell :doe:
Getting that level of conditioning for the second shot was physically and mentally brutal. I kept thinking that I was going to be less conditioned than my first show, but now that I see the pics I was somehow even lower body fat. I got measured at 3% the day before the first show.. there’s a margin of error in those machines of course, but assuming it’s accurate, I’d imagine that this time around that number would have been in the 2’s.

Would gladly eat a bag of Taco Bell with you. Cheesy Gordita Crunch all day long.
SAWCE

Buddy did a quick edit on a coupon of shots I took in the gym on Monday about halfway through my arm workout. Thought they looked sick:

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:22 pm Buddy did a quick edit on a coupon of shots I took in the gym on Monday about halfway through my arm workout. Thought they looked sick:

Bad Ass.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Old Man lifting notes. I am starting to do pullups again for first time since my age started with a 3. I do these to exhaustion BEFORE deadlifts and its been working out great. Pulled 285X4 this morning.

Adding lateral raises has REALLY pumped up my shoulders and YET.......OHP is still a pretty heavy slog. I don't really get it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Curious on the why for pull ups before dead lifts? I always do DL, bench, OHP, squat or basically whatever heavy compound lift first, per Wendler. I think I am pretty much done with ever squatting/DL heavy again as it just seems to upset my back and other body parts to be worth it for me. I'm wondering if doing something like a set pull ups to exhaustion then immediately following with DL would be a good strategy, it could keep the DL harder at a lower overall weight.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:26 pm Curious on the why for pull ups before dead lifts? I always do DL, bench, OHP, squat or basically whatever heavy compound lift first, per Wendler. I think I am pretty much done with ever squatting/DL heavy again as it just seems to upset my back and other body parts to be worth it for me. I'm wondering if doing something like a set pull ups to exhaustion then immediately following with DL would be a good strategy, it could keep the DL harder at a lower overall weight.
Well, in my old age I am NOT prioritizing Wendler numbers....e.g. I would rather do 4 X 10 pullups (not even close, and may never be) over a 400 lb. deadlift. Frankly the lat work seems to get me warmed up for the DL, not worn out. Also, I've pretty much been lifting every day, and using vacations/work interruptions as my only breaks. 5 separate days....arms, back/DL, legs, chest and shoulders. Before my neck injury in September of 2019 sidelined be big time, followed up by VID gym closures, max DL was 325 really. I feel like I'm approaching that pretty solidly right now. In all my 5/3/1 I am being extremely conservative, e.g. on the 1+ lift if I cannot do 3 reps, I will repeat the weight until I can.