DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Jaxper wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:32 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:13 pm Definitely resetting my OHP after this month. Had to really push press to get 175 up yesterday for a single rep. Sucks, cause when I started the program it calculated my 1RM at 170, so it feels like I did 8 months of work to add a really ugly 5lbs to my press. Of course that 1RM may not have been accurate since it was basing it off of me doing like 135x5 or something like that at the time when I was starting the program. Looks like resetting it will have me working up to 140lbs next month for my 1+.

Bench was good though. Hit 250x3, even though the dude who I asked to spot me literally dripped sweat into my eye :disgust: :gag:
OHP was always a fickle bitch when I was doing 531. Everything has to click in order to get it up and keep the max moving.

Anyone here use orthotic insoles, particularly when they lift? I'm starting to notice my arch collapsing in my squat, causing my knee to cave a bit, leading to some acute knee pain.
I'm not cognizant of my body enough to tell if my arches collapse while squatting.. if my knee caves inward at all, I associate it with weak adductors and I target them for a bit.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:42 pm
Jaxper wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:32 pm

OHP was always a fickle bitch when I was doing 531. Everything has to click in order to get it up and keep the max moving.

Anyone here use orthotic insoles, particularly when they lift? I'm starting to notice my arch collapsing in my squat, causing my knee to cave a bit, leading to some acute knee pain.
I'm not cognizant of my body enough to tell if my arches collapse while squatting.. if my knee caves inward at all, I associate it with weak adductors and I target them for a bit.
Me too, I wish I had that mind/body coordination and connection, but it's weak for me.
SAWCE

345x2 on squats. Second one was ugly as fuck. Think I still hit depth though. I need to film my top squat sets next cycle. to check form.
SAWCE

Recorded my side raises for Coogle, but I forgot tapatalk doesn't let you upload videos anymore. Any bros want to upload it for me if I text/email it to you?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:18 pm Recorded my side raises for Coogle, but I forgot tapatalk doesn't let you upload videos anymore. Any bros want to upload it for me if I text/email it to you?
send email to 'my username' at yahoo dot com
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:34 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:18 pm Recorded my side raises for Coogle, but I forgot tapatalk doesn't let you upload videos anymore. Any bros want to upload it for me if I text/email it to you?
Sending it meow.

This was my 3rd set with the 30lb dumbbells.. got 8, then dropped to 15lbs and got 14 more. Form definitely got sloppy on them, but I think it starts out decent on the 30s, then by the time I drop to the 15s, I'm just trying to pump some extra blood into my shoulders.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:44 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:34 am

Sending it meow.

This was my 3rd set with the 30lb dumbbells.. got 8, then dropped to 15lbs and got 14 more. Form definitely got sloppy on them, but I think it starts out decent on the 30s, then by the time I drop to the 15s, I'm just trying to pump some extra blood into my shoulders.
T0000bes
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:52 am
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:44 am

Sending it meow.

T0000bes
:wub: thanks dude. Plus now you can email me super weird n00ds of yourself.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:02 pm

T0000bes
:hubba:
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:jizz:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I've been easing back into lifting nicely, the back is feeling good. I may do my first DL day tomorrow.

I've been doing a 5X5 routine, started low and going up 10 pounds each week to make sure I don't re-injure myself.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

Squats are coming back nicely after revamping my form. I hit 265 for 4 sets of 6 this morning. I think I'll be back over 300 within a month, maybe a little longer.

It's tough being patient with ironing out the technique for the Oly lifts. I JUST WANT TO LIFT BIG NUMBERS AGAIN.
The panda hath arrived.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Jaxper wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:12 pm Squats are coming back nicely after revamping my form. I hit 265 for 4 sets of 6 this morning. I think I'll be back over 300 within a month, maybe a little longer.

It's tough being patient with ironing out the technique for the Oly lifts. I JUST WANT TO LIFT BIG NUMBERS AGAIN.
What did you have to revamp in your squat?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:02 pm

T0000bes
So beeg and strong. Time to flare you lats and cause a total solar eclipse.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:19 pm
Jaxper wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:12 pm Squats are coming back nicely after revamping my form. I hit 265 for 4 sets of 6 this morning. I think I'll be back over 300 within a month, maybe a little longer.

Pretty much everything. I was low bar squatting prior to the transition to WL focus, so after switching to high bar, I changed my stance width, foot angle, hand placement, etc. Everything just felt wonky with a direct switch from low to high bar (meaning just bar placement movement) so I had to make tweaks to mostly everything to adjust. That, plus losing some strength, has me working toward my previous max again!

My new goal for 2017 is to get back up to my previous 1RM (4 plates/405/~180) and also add reps (5+) to it. Plus, I want to overhead press 2 plates, but OHP is a fickle bitch and that's a stretch goal.
The panda hath arrived.
Apex

Jaxper wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:32 pm

Pretty much everything. I was low bar squatting prior to the transition to WL focus, so after switching to high bar, I changed my stance width, foot angle, hand placement, etc. Everything just felt wonky with a direct switch from low to high bar (meaning just bar placement movement) so I had to make tweaks to mostly everything to adjust. That, plus losing some strength, has me working toward my previous max again!

My new goal for 2017 is to get back up to my previous 1RM (4 plates/405/~180) and also add reps (5+) to it. Plus, I want to overhead press 2 plates, but OHP is a fickle bitch and that's a stretch goal.
High bar :disgust: :lol:

2 plates OHP is :impressive: and is a worthy goal. Best of luck on your :massles: endeavor Panda!
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:09 pm

2 plates OHP is :impressive: and is a worthy goal. Best of luck on your :massles: endeavor Panda!
I've always done my squats with a pretty high bar setting. I should probably learn low bar.

2 plates is my OHP goal too.
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:23 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:09 pm

I've always done my squats with a pretty high bar setting. I should probably learn low bar.

I've seen most people in the gym squatting with a high bar setting. I guess it works for the light weight that I see most people moving. I learned to squat low bar so it's the more natural feeling for me. I've tried to do some high bar before and it was weird.
Apex

I think it's also more natural for people to set the bar in a high bar spot to start, as you aren't leaning over at the top to keep it from rolling down your back.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

who knows when i'll get back to gym, fucked up my ankle somehow (not at the gym.)
brain go brrrrrr
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

If I wasn't switching from PL to WL, I'd have kept with low bar. The "lean over" position felt much more natural to me than forcing an upright torso. Now that I'm doing WL though, the high bar position better trains the upright torso positional cues for snatches (and cleans, though that's more front squats).
The panda hath arrived.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:33 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:23 pm

I've seen most people in the gym squatting with a high bar setting. I guess it works for the light weight that I see most people moving. I learned to squat low bar so it's the more natural feeling for me. I've tried to do some high bar before and it was weird.
Everyone seems to do high bar... I never even knew low bar was a thing until a few years ago, but it feels way better to me.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Hit DLs for the first time today since the back injury, just 5X5 with 135 pounds. It was easy but felt good/fine. I'm going to work up very slowly and really focus on form.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

How much do you weigh brah?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:15 pm

How much do you weigh brah?
Lately, with a bunch of parties/cookouts/family being home/etc, I'm around 200. Usually hover between 192-196 though, not that it's too far off.
The panda hath arrived.