DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

D Griff wrote:
SAWCE wrote: Looking good man. Arms look thicc, especially your forearms, plus the veins :jimp: Don't think I've seen you this lean before.
:zing:

I wish my calves weren't so :jalepenis: but it is what it is.
Calves are tough. My understanding is their size has a lot to do with structure and it's hard to make them bigger.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:50 am
SAWCE wrote:
Looking good man. Arms look thicc, especially your forearms, plus the veins :jimp: Don't think I've seen you this lean before.
:zing:

I wish my calves weren't so :jalepenis: but it is what it is.
I got mine to a decent size using really high frequency. I used to train them heavy every other day. They recover really quickly since they get used so much just walking around.
SAWCE

Griff, try my old calf routine for a few months and see if you can't add some size:

Each day is the same setup, but on a different machine. You do 10 reps with your toes pointed in (hardest position) 10 reps with your toes pointed straight, and then 10 reps with your toes pointed out (easiest position). You go immediately from one position to the next, and that equals one set and then you get to rest for your normal 45 seconds to a minute, whatever you feel you need to recover and hit it again. Do three sets total. Monday standing calf raise machine, Wednesday seated calf raise maching, Friday leg press calf raise (or a donkey calf raise machine if your gym has one).
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Man, ended up missing a couples of days last week due to work :bs: , so had to make up for it this week. Worked out because this was deload, but had to hit last week's squat 531 session plus the 5X10 DL for boring but big, then had a DL + squat BBB deload Wednesday and the squat + DL BBB today. My legs feel like rubber. But I caught up and got all the workouts in by going five days in a row.

Now I can start my new cycle on track Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:09 pm Man, ended up missing a couples of days last week due to work :bs: , so had to make up for it this week. Worked out because this was deload, but had to hit last week's squat 531 session plus the 5X10 DL for boring but big, then had a DL + squat BBB deload Wednesday and the squat + DL BBB today. My legs feel like rubber. But I caught up and got all the workouts in by going five days in a row.

If this week was supposed to be your deload, I’d deload next week
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote:
D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:09 pm Man, ended up missing a couples of days last week due to work :bs: , so had to make up for it this week. Worked out because this was deload, but had to hit last week's squat 531 session plus the 5X10 DL for boring but big, then had a DL + squat BBB deload Wednesday and the squat + DL BBB today. My legs feel like rubber. But I caught up and got all the workouts in by going five days in a row.

If this week was supposed to be your deload, I’d deload next week
Meh, it was all easy shit.
Calvinball

I deloaded this week.

And by that I mean I took a week off.

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Had the most hilarious moment of random eye contact with a girl at the gym yesterday morning. I usually start a workout with at least some sort of ab work to get my core to wake up, my exercise of choice is usually a dragon flag, where I'll lift my hips up off the bench and lower them maybe 15* and come back down, then do a little more, a little more, finally by the 7th or 8th rep I'm going all the way down and doing a the full exercise for a few more reps.

At some point while I was doing these a rather attractive crossfit-looking girl I'd never seen before had sat down on the ab mats maybe 10' across from where the ab benches are. I drop my hips one last time, sit up, and there she is looking right at me. A little weird, but then she gives me this straight up :notbad: face, turns, and starts stretching. Not sure if intentional, but I was highly amused.
SAWCE

Hadn’t taken a gym selfie in a minute. Sitting at about 210 right now. Gonna do that cut for 2-3 months and hopefully wind up around 195-200 and at about 8% bodyfat.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote:Image

Hadn’t taken a gym selfie in a minute. Sitting at about 210 right now. Gonna do that cut for 2-3 months and hopefully wind up around 195-200 and at about 8% bodyfat.
Nice man. 195 is a sweet spot for me. You've got two inches on me so 200 should be solid.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Dem shoulders :jizz:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:29 pm Image

:bruh: why you so tiny?

:hue:
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:43 am
:bruh: why you so tiny?

:hue:
:( one day I won’t be.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:14 am Dem shoulders :jizz:
:sissyfight:
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

I haven't lifted in 3ish weeks due to various injuries and then the wedding. I'm going to do a bunch of release (foam roller, lax ball) for the remainder of the week to get rid of knots then start up again with the lifting on Monday.

I hate not being able to work out.
The panda hath arrived.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I had the weirdest experience at the Y in Maryland. This guy asks me to spot a bench set, so I do. It was 205,nothing crazy, but he's like "I need help lifting off" ... OK. So he is grunting really loud and yelling "seven more, six more" while violently dropping the weight on his upper chest arms totally out almost to the hooks. I had to help almost every rep but he kept doing more. So he finishes and I go about my lifts. He rests a while, then asks me to spot him again, same thing four times.

I wish I had a video, this was the single worst lifting form I've ever seen. He asked how his form was and I told him that his right arm was stronger than his left, his left was coming back towards me, his grip was too far apart and he should lower the bar a little slower.

:iono: he continued slamming it down against his chest violently in the exact same way and I just let it be.

Would you guys critique someone's lift in that situation? This bro needs to just take all the weight off the bar and go back to square one.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:16 pm I had the weirdest experience at the Y in Maryland. This guy asks me to spot a bench set, so I do. It was 205,nothing crazy, but he's like "I need help lifting off" ... OK. So he is grunting really loud and yelling "seven more, six more" while violently dropping the weight on his upper chest arms totally out almost to the hooks. I had to help almost every rep but he kept doing more. So he finishes and I go about my lifts. He rests a while, then asks me to spot him again, same thing four times.

I wish I had a video, this was the single worst lifting form I've ever seen. He asked how his form was and I told him that his right arm was stronger than his left, his left was coming back towards me, his grip was too far apart and he should lower the bar a little slower.

:iono: he continued slamming it down against his chest violently in the exact same way and I just let it be.

Would you guys critique someone's lift in that situation? This bro needs to just take all the weight off the bar and go back to square one.
I see a lot of form mistakes that I want to offer help on at the gym, but I don't since my advice isn't solicited.. this dude asked you though, so I would have for sure told him what was up, and probably have let him sit with the weight on his chest for a few second each rep so that he knows that you're pulling most of the weight off him instead of him actually pressing it up.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:34 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:16 pm I had the weirdest experience at the Y in Maryland. This guy asks me to spot a bench set, so I do. It was 205,nothing crazy, but he's like "I need help lifting off" ... OK. So he is grunting really loud and yelling "seven more, six more" while violently dropping the weight on his upper chest arms totally out almost to the hooks. I had to help almost every rep but he kept doing more. So he finishes and I go about my lifts. He rests a while, then asks me to spot him again, same thing four times.

I see a lot of form mistakes that I want to offer help on at the gym, but I don't since my advice isn't solicited.. this dude asked you though, so I would have for sure told him what was up, and probably have let him sit with the weight on his chest for a few second each rep so that he knows that you're pulling most of the weight off him instead of him actually pressing it up.
:dat: especially bolded.
The panda hath arrived.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Tested my back and knees out with squats on Saturday without any issues or pain. FINALLY back to doing full workouts yesterday morning after about a month off due to the various sport injuries.

I decided to restart my personal program from Alsruhe back to the first DL day. I was completely gassed by the end and ran out of time to do the conditioning portion.

It's good to be back!
The panda hath arrived.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Jaxper wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:51 am Tested my back and knees out with squats on Saturday without any issues or pain. FINALLY back to doing full workouts yesterday morning after about a month off due to the various sport injuries.

I decided to restart my personal program from Alsruhe back to the first DL day. I was completely gassed by the end and ran out of time to do the conditioning portion.

It's good to be back!
:fuckyeah:

Glad you're back in it man, injuries are so frustrating, I feel your pain (pun intended).

Today is a rest day. Yesterday was DL day, hit 275X9. For BBB I did 5X10 squats at 165. Still nothing :impressive: but it's nice to see the numbers rising, hopefully by year's end I'll at least be back where I was before the back injury.
Calvinball

Back up there.

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

I should prob do some cardio after i do weights today :( Skipped 2 hiit classes this week...
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

First workout in the new gym last night. Felt good. Standing calve raise machine is definitely lighter than the one at my old gym, so I'll need to go up in weight on that. Everything else was pretty standards. Barbell curls, hammer curls, the standing calve raises, then I had to do seated hamstring curls instead of GHR since this gym doesn't have one.. that was a bummer to learn, finished with leg press. Hit 8 plates plus a 10 on each side. I'll do 8 plates and a 25 on each side next time, and film it like I said I was going to this week. Being at the new gym last night had me feeling extra conscious of loading that much weight up if I'm not hitting full reps.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:10 am First workout in the new gym last night. Felt good. Standing calve raise machine is definitely lighter than the one at my old gym, so I'll need to go up in weight on that. Everything else was pretty standards. Barbell curls, hammer curls, the standing calve raises, then I had to do seated hamstring curls instead of GHR since this gym doesn't have one.. that was a bummer to learn, finished with leg press. Hit 8 plates plus a 10 on each side. I'll do 8 plates and a 25 on each side next time, and film it like I said I was going to this week. Being at the new gym last night had me feeling extra conscious of loading that much weight up if I'm not hitting full reps.
:notbad:

:whalecum: to my world, learning a new gym every week.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Hit chest for 531 today. Got 215X9... :notbad: needs moar strength :doe: