DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Jaxper wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:33 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:45 pm Stomach is still hurting on and off pretty bad, so I think it's more than just food poisoning.. been getting lots of weird muscle aches and stuff. Possibly norovirus? Gonna take the rest of the week off from the gym to try to heal up and then I'll hit it hard next week.
I think this is a side effect of the sauce and your :flaccid: is shrinking. The muscle aches are coming from them contracting to pull your peen in. :yikes:
:yikes:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:38 am
Jaxper wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:33 am

I think this is a side effect of the sauce and your :flaccid: is shrinking. The muscle aches are coming from them contracting to pull your peen in. :yikes:
:yikes:
:dat:

I've been clean for months though!!!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Jaxper wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:39 pm Hurt my knee the other night at hockey when I was tripped. Any jerking or twisting motion, and squatting, hurts it. Guess I have to take some time off from lifting. :( :( :(
:rage:

Sorry man. I know these feels too well.
SAWCE

Taking the next month off of 531. I need something to refresh my training, and 8 months straight of lifting as heavy as possible has taken it's toll on my physically and mentally. Gonna just have fun and lift like a body builder for the next month, try to recomp my body a bit, and then I'll tackle 531 again, but be smarter about it and be better with my nutrition.

Got back in the gym finally on Saturday. Superset chest and back together:
Incline DB press/pullups
Incline DB flyes/db row
Dip/barbell row
Pec dec/reverse flye

Everything was done for 6 sets of 10 and holy fuck the pump was great.

Did a similar workout yesterday for arms and shoulders and I'll hit legs tonight.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I've been kinda eh on lifting lately, only been going about three times a week and my heart just isn't in it as much. Fortunately, staying pretty active hiking, mountain biking, walking and shit, plus the moderate lifting, I'm looking about the same.

I guess I'll be taking two weeks off for my vacation (could go to a YMCA out there, but I dunno that I will/if there'll be any).

I think I might start back up with 531 after the trip and hope I'm more excited about it then. The back has been healing nicely/feels good these days.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:12 pm I've been kinda eh on lifting lately, only been going about three times a week and my heart just isn't in it as much. Fortunately, staying pretty active hiking, mountain biking, walking and shit, plus the moderate lifting, I'm looking about the same.

I guess I'll be taking two weeks off for my vacation (could go to a YMCA out there, but I dunno that I will/if there'll be any).

I think I might start back up with 531 after the trip and hope I'm more excited about it then. The back has been healing nicely/feels good these days.
The two weeks off should help recharge you for it too. Bro-in-law just sent me tonight's leg workout.. I'm not going to be able to walk tomorrow:
4x20 leg extension, then 2 more sets with dropsets
4x20 leg curl, then 2 more sets with dropsets
Leg press continuous set: 15-20 reps, then 15 seconds break with feet still on the sled, repeat until failure
Walking lunges with no weight until failure
Seated calves 4x20
Standing calves 4x20
20 minutes on spin bike
SAWCE

Wound up going for 4:47 seconds on that leg press set last night. No idea on how many total reps or sets I did on it, but I was good about keeping my breaks to 15 seconds.. First few sets were 20, 16, 10, then once it got to the single digits the reps didn't drop as quickly and I was able to get like two sets with 7 reps. Total was probably close to 100. Next time I do this workout I'll try to log how many reps I do, and beat that each time I do it again.

Only had two plates per side. Not sure how something like this should progres.. once I'm over 150 reps add another plate?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

fucking squat rack was occupied the whole 40 minutes i was at gym, had to resort to kettle bell squats :rolleyes:
brain go brrrrrr
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:04 pm Wound up going for 4:47 seconds on that leg press set last night. No idea on how many total reps or sets I did on it, but I was good about keeping my breaks to 15 seconds.. First few sets were 20, 16, 10, then once it got to the single digits the reps didn't drop as quickly and I was able to get like two sets with 7 reps. Total was probably close to 100. Next time I do this workout I'll try to log how many reps I do, and beat that each time I do it again.

Only had two plates per side. Not sure how something like this should progres.. once I'm over 150 reps add another plate?
:butwhy:
The panda hath arrived.
SAWCE

Jaxper wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:23 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:04 pm Wound up going for 4:47 seconds on that leg press set last night. No idea on how many total reps or sets I did on it, but I was good about keeping my breaks to 15 seconds.. First few sets were 20, 16, 10, then once it got to the single digits the reps didn't drop as quickly and I was able to get like two sets with 7 reps. Total was probably close to 100. Next time I do this workout I'll try to log how many reps I do, and beat that each time I do it again.

Why what? Do such a high volume set? Hypertrophy...
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Big Brain Bradley wrote:fucking squat rack was occupied the whole 40 minutes i was at gym, had to resort to kettle bell squats :rolleyes:
:murder:

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:40 pm
Jaxper wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:23 pm

I meant it more sarcastically like "why would you do that to yourself?" Just being an ass, sorry :lol:
The panda hath arrived.
SAWCE

Jaxper wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:56 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:40 pm

I meant it more sarcastically like "why would you do that to yourself?" Just being an ass, sorry :lol:
Oh lol. Yay for the internet and miscommunication.

I surprisingly wasn't that sore from the leg workout yesterday, but I'm definitely feeling it today.

Did chest shoulders and triceps last night.

Incline db press "super set" with single arm incline db press with about half the weight. So hybrid superset/dropset. 4x10 on that (10 reps with the heavy weight, then 10 reps with the lighter weight)

Flat single arm bench press holding the weight in the other arm pressed up the whole time, then switch. 4x10.

Incline db flye superset with dips. 4x10.. only got 7 on the last two sets of dips.

Decline cable chest flye dropsets. 4 sets with two drops per set.

Standing db shoulder press superset with db kickback. 4x10

Cable skullcrusher superset with db front raises. 4x10.

Cable side raises superset with tricep pushdowns. 4x10.
SAWCE

Hit that back/chest superset work out again yesterday. Felt really good again. Added weight to most exercises.

HItting shoulders/arms superset tonight, then I'll do legs tuesday night. Wednesday-Sunday will be Costa Rica, but I'll try to get in some pushups and pullups at least out there.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Been doing a 5X5 thing while my back recovered. Four days, one of the big lifts each of those days, then accessory work. I've been intending the weight up each week. Went back to that after my vacation but I think I'll go back to 531,my back is better.

Accessory suggestions? I'm thinking of trying this boring but big setup to bulk up a bit.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

well, progress for me has been slow and sporadic with the inconsistent schedule i've kept, BUT GAIZ were made.

yesterday I made a few reps at 225 on the bench press, and also did most of my squats at 225.

:notbad:
brain go brrrrrr
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Big Brain Bradley wrote:well, progress for me has been slow and sporadic with the inconsistent schedule i've kept, BUT GAIZ were made.

yesterday I made a few reps at 225 on the bench press, and also did most of my squats at 225.

:fuckyeah:

:therapist:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Calvinball wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:32 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote:well, progress for me has been slow and sporadic with the inconsistent schedule i've kept, BUT GAIZ were made.

:fuckyeah:

yea man, the mental mind fuck of looking at 4 plates on the bar was like :bruh: :notsure:
then like :doit: :doit: :doit: :doit:

then when didnt die all like :fuckyeah: :micdrop:
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

I needs to DYELB again... A couple more months and we can drop the little one off at the gym day-care doe, so will definitely get back on schedule then.
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:05 am I needs to DYELB again... A couple more months and we can drop the little one off at the gym day-care doe, so will definitely get back on schedule then.
That's one of the parts of owning a child that I'm not looking forward to.
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:20 am
Apex wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:05 am I needs to DYELB again... A couple more months and we can drop the little one off at the gym day-care doe, so will definitely get back on schedule then.
If you own a place, build a home gym. Then you'll always have access to dem gainz.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Apex wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:55 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:20 am

If you own a place, build a home gym. Then you'll always have access to dem gainz.
I need to look into this. save money on gym, save time. but the gym isn't really a huge time suck for me the way traffic works out.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:33 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:55 pm

I need to look into this. save money on gym, save time. but the gym isn't really a huge time suck for me the way traffic works out.
@Jaxper has a sweet home gym setup.

Basic stuff to start off with; rack, bench, barbell, weights. You can get plates off CL's for cheap if you keep an eye out. All in to start you're probably looking at about a grand for everything, could be more if you wanted to get fancier.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Apex wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:36 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:33 pm

Basic stuff to start off with; rack, bench, barbell, weights. You can get plates off CL's for cheap if you keep an eye out. All in to start you're probably looking at about a grand for everything, could be more if you wanted to get fancier.
:troywax: dang thats alot.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:51 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:36 pm

:troywax: dang thats alot.
How much is your monthly gym membership? It's an investment for sure.